Charleston is a city that has it all — culture, cuisine, cobblestone streets, ancient architecture and history. A fresh breeze from the nearby ocean can be tasted on every southern dish. But what to do here? There are plenty of things to do in Charleston and tons of adventures for everyone who visits.
Things to do in Charleston tours.
1. The downtown area of Charleston is wonderful. You can stroll down the streets of Charleston and visit some of the finest shops and boutiques in the region. The city’s prim and proper downtown area is a sight to be seen.
2. History abounds in Charleston. Spend a day touring Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired. Afterwards, go on a walking tour through Old Charleston to learn all about its past history.
3. See high-end architecture at its best at The Battery Park neighborhood, home to some of Charleston’s most expensive real estate (which has been voted many times as one of America’s top ten neighborhoods).
4. Walk the historic cobblestone streets of Charleston and mix with the residents. You’ll be amazed at how friendly people are here.
5. Tour the Charleston Opera, one of America’s oldest cultural organizations, which was founded in 1832 by a group of local business leaders who wanted to bring opera to Charleston and Atlantic Coast Corridor in general.
6. Take a trip down the Ashley River on a kayak or canoe with one of many outfitters that offer guided trips down the river (or take an evening cruise). For those who wish to stay dry, there is also a good kayak rental operation in downtown Charleston.
Charleston is the perfect place to spend a vacation. It’s a city filled with southern charm and hospitality that’s like no other. Spend your vacation in Charleston, South Carolina by booking a getaway package today.